Saturday, August 05, 2006

Married to a jerk . . . !

Are there a lot of jerks in this world? Or I've just happened to be married to one of the few?

He told me to sms him when I wanted him to fetch me. I said I'll sms him when it's south east wind in mahjong. When I reached to the point, I sms him, but to cut things short as I needed to concentrate and it wasn't good to let other players wait, I just smsed him south east. After we finished the game, we were contemplating to start a new round, so I smsed him to find out where he had reached.

And that sparked the beginning of World War 3! He called and told me off cos I did not sms him to 'come now'. I said it's OK, we are not in a hurry, you can come now or when you are ready. But, to insist that someone's wrong and won't move forward is his style (and some incumbent political party too, if ya know what I mean). He shouted at the top of his voice (and I moved the phone away from my ear so as to let everybody at the table hear him) and then slammed my phone.

Then it's sms bombing time, he sms me with more scoldings and fault findings again. Finally, he reached the house, stepped in, and looked as nothing as gone wrong, and he was not angry with anybody, he had never shouted before, he had never gotten angry before, etc...

On the way home, he too, acted like nothing was wrong, until he asked me did I win or lose. I said 'My last round saved me....'. Before I could continue my sentence, he stopped me, and asked me why can't I just give him a straightforward answer. And then he started nagging and nagging about everything, including the earlier part about the sms, and then continue to include this item and that item that I did not do properly and in the end conclude that I can't do anything right. Try him, if I asked a question and I didn't get a direct answer, he would say he was trying to increase suspense and tell a story step by step. Whatever..... he is always right, yeah? He and his stupid theory.

So for the rest of the time, he nagged and nagged and nagged until we ended the night on a sour note. How nice! The story didn't end here.... to be continued in my next post.....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home