Sunday, August 20, 2006

He deserves it . . . !

He hurt his toe, but I'll say HE DESERVES IT!!!

We went to Havey Norman and bought a new fixed line phone. Then we went to Popular to buy a pair of bookstands. He told me maybe we should buy 2. I said the bookstands come in pairs, so it's already 2. He said he meant 2 pairs because we may need to use it for the shelves in our room. He started explaining to me that every row of books need 1 stand at both ends so we may need to buy another pair for the other shelf. I said why not we buy one first, if we need, we can always come back to buy again. He agreed!

I paid and went to look for him at the magazine stand. On reaching, he started explaining to me again why a row of books need 2 stands at one end each. I did not voice my disagreement, but said again that we will come back and try. He then tried to explain again why a row of books need 2 stands. And then, he got angry. He said why am I so stupid not to understand his simple theory of needing 1 stand at both ends of the row of books. He started scolding and nagging non-stop. I seriously forgot how I reacted. It's so DUH!!!!!

But anyway, I tried to calm him down. He did, for maybe 10 secs. Then grew angry again. By the time we reached the traffic lights on our way home, he was already fucking mad. He was so mad that once we crossed the road, he kicked our shopping that I held in my hands. He immediately got a cut about 3cm on his toe and it was bleeding non-stop. He had to stop all his scoldings and moved to a bus stop to sit down. He thought it was the phone box that he kicked that made him bleed. (Stupid!). I knew he kicked the bookstands which were made of metal, that's why he got the cut. He had to limp home. He still had the cheek to nag at me before we step into the house. I made him stand at the lift lobby until he get the idea to stop nagging before we head for home.

On reaching our house, he sat nursing his wound. I unpacked the bookstands, put 1 stand at the row of books and leave the other end open. I told him to check it out. He asked me if it will fall. I showed him that if you accidentally push the books lightly, it won't topple. It is only when you push it very hard, then the books will fall over. He was convinced that yes, his stupid theory of seeing it as a MUST for placing 1 stand at both ends of the row of books is flawed.

So, what did he do? He then started blaming me for not telling him earlier. I said I didn't want to push it too far. Seeing is believing. Maybe he was right, maybe I was right. But the best way is to come back to try it. He then blamed me for ....? Not showing confident about my own theory. Good grief, such a man!!!

I told him outrightly to stop everything. I did not say even one sentence to denounce him or belittle him. He didn't need to try to find something else to scold me about. Finally, he agreed and stopped.

So, he threw a temper and hurt his toe, just for trying to force me to understand his flawed theory and refusing to believe in mine. Does he deserve it? 100%, I'll say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home