Saturday, November 18, 2006

After 5 days of absence, the moment of reuniting was none any sweeter . . .!

He wasn't in town for half of Monday and Saturday, and the whole of Tuesday to Friday. During which, I shopped non-stop, for my things, for his things, for our things. I packed the house, packed his table, washed and iron the clothes, bought his favourite magazines and lay it on his bed, just to give him a little surprise to celebrate his home-coming. Love was in the air when I went to fetch him from the airport. Nonetheless, we kept our hugs & kisses to ourselves as we had a friend with us.

But from the first moment we were alone (after we sent our friend home), I got a rude, unreasonable, and harsh scolding from him. What for? Just because he had suggested to leave our car boot as it was (with all the bags and dive gear and wine lying around) until when we met his family and they need to use it. I had wanted to try to arrange it, but on second thought when I analysed the situation, I thought his idea was wiser. So I agreed with him to arrange later. This is it!!!!!!

War (or rather scoldings and naggings) started!!!! He scolded me for not obeying his orders. He was always right and when he said to meet up with his family before arranging the boot, I should just listen to what he said and not have second thoughts.

I was bizarred!!!!! Tears rolled in my eyes!

For 5 days, when he was away, he said he missed me and I had missed him! But on coming back, the first private moment we had, he had already started scolding me. What a good reunion!

Hey, I only wasted maybe 2 seconds of the time having second thoughts and concluding that his suggestion is better. Did it kill anyone? Did it waste his afternoon away? Did I insist on my way when he was right?

What did I do to deserve such treatment? Absence made the heart grow founder but it didn't made the reunion sweeter. It wasn't sweet at all. It just reminded me that on our wedding day, after he successfully cleared the duties at the door and fetched me home, the first private moment we had in our wedding car, I got a harsh attitude from him because he wasn't happy with my sisters for delaying the time. So? Who was supposed to keep track of time? Who was supposed to raise the red light? HIS BROTHERS!!!!! I wasn't angry at nobody, it was supposed to be a day of joy! But holy cow, the first remark I got from him when we were finally alone wasn't a kiss or a hug or a whisper of love. It was a rude scolding. Great, enough to spoil my big day (and my whole life)!

Does he need to spoil every of our first private moment together? Seem to me that private moments together are not for some lovey-dovey affair, it's just a chance for him to scold me and kick up a fuss. What a great way to get-together after 5 days apart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home