Sunday, March 18, 2007

This Fucker contradicts himself seriously . . .

Hey, who can teach this dude to stop scolding others for the 'errors' that he is making at the same time?

It all started by me trying to inform him about a piece of news which I read. Alright, granted, I may not do a good job because I did not phrase the news in perfect English without grammatical errors in one whole sentence. This, seriously, happens quite often, to both him and me and to any other Singaporeans as well, including his own sister and mother and father. But hey, today, he decided to jump on it and throw his weight around. So he ordered me to repeat and repeat the sentence until he was satisfied, which took more then 20mins. He would correct the front part of the sentence, and then the last part of the sentence, and then the words used, and then the structure of the sentence. Oh, he gave so many stupid instructions.

He told me to tell the story in one sentence, not two. So I tried to do it in one sentence. After many rounds of correction, he decided that I could say it in two sentences. Once he suggested it, he regretted cos he had instructed me to word the whole story in one sentence. So he dared to suggest breaking the sentence into two parts, seperated by the 'err. errr... what do you call the one with the dot and the comma below'. (Fancy telling me to phrase my sentence in perfect English while he couldn't even name a punctuation correctly.) So I said 'semi-colon'. OK, so he wanted me to finish up the story in one sentence, with a semi-colon. So I went on to phrase a sentence in 2 parts. He told me I did not mention where the semi-colon was (omg, he needed me to tell a story in perfect English in one sentence with a semi-colon and to tell him where my semi-colon will appear). Alright, so I repeated my sentence, verbally telling him where I had inserted a semi-colon. After repeating it 2-3 times with him correcting and correcting me, he then demanded me to just give a pause at the semi-colon. (Alright, let's tune back the clock, at first, when I phrased the sentence in 2 parts, I of cos did a pause between the 2 parts, which I was corrected. So just now, I was instructed to tell him where the semi-colon was placed, and now I was instructed to leave out the semi-colon and replace with a pause, which I was doing it just now. And on both occasions, he took it that I had made a mistake and just didn't know how to get things right. Don't you think he was messing it up instead?)

He instructed me not to use 'got it' because you do not 'get' a forecast wrong. Alright, I changed my words used. The next thing I know, he was phrasing the sentence, using 'got it'. And he had insisted that it was used in a different way. Using it in his context was correct because now we have a semi-colon in the middle of the sentence. Oh! So suddenly, with a semi-colon in the middle, you can 'get' a forecast wrong. Without the semi-colon, you cannot 'get' a forecast wrong. Which English teacher graduated him? I wonder!

All the while, I did not raise my voice, and I did whatever he told me to. So did he stop his naggings and tantrums? Hey, no! He grew angrier and angrier and started banging the steering wheel. I kept my cool and just kept on correcting my sentence till he was satisfied. Finally, I got it right. So did he stop? Of course not! This is the fucking idiot that I am talking about! He carried on condemning and demeaning and belittlering. I waited for a silent moment, and calmly mentioned to him that for 30mins, I had not rebutted and had been trying to change. I had kept my side of the bargain. So why did he blow up?

So, this is the nice part. He said that I had a good attitude didn't mean he shouldn't be angry. It was not about the attitude. Oh great! So it doesn't matter if my attitude is good or bad right? You'll still have the right to get angry. Or you are just trying to tell me that everything must be perfect, my attitude, my answers, my facial expression, my tone of voice, etc.... before you wont' get angry? But you told me that you normally won't be that angry, it was always because of my attitude that made you blow up. Now, the story changed. The attitude doesn't matter, it is just the basic. Now, apart from the basic, my answers have to be perfect before you won't blow up. Errrr..... did you say that your principles had never change ever since when you knew me?

And then you told me not to ask any stupid questions. Alright, I'll not ask questions in case you decided to label all my questions as stupid. So I TOLD you that I wanted to get out of the car. Which you reacted like I had rebutted and showed attitude. Basically, I couldn't do what I want and I couldn't tell you what I want to do, and i couldn't ask you any questions, KING!!!! Is that what you want? Go get a robot, just a simple robot will do, cos nowadays robots have emotions too, not like what you had wanted me to be like.

Finally, you instructed me to go up for the newspaper at your parents' house. I was, to put it briefly, elated!!!!! Getting you out of my sight was my top priority, who wants to breathe the same air as a jerk! I went up, luckily his dad want the car and followed me down. At least I had a moment of peace. Oh, he acted as if nothing has happened. He happily told me to read an article in the papers in front of his dad. Yeah, hypocrite!

Of course, with this bastard, things do not end just like this. His naggings started right when we entered the lift at our flat. And it continued all the way till we were in the house. He even ordered me into the room cause he wanted to talk to me. (Yeah, talk again, you have so much to nag about. You are just unbelievable!)

After his naggings, he asked me what I wanted to say. I simply asked him did he not show me respect just now. He said yes. So I demanded an apology. Yup, he gave it, along with 'ifs' and 'buts'. (Didn't he set a rule not to have 'ifs' and 'buts' while apologizing? I had not done it for as long as I could remember. He was the one doing it every single time. Wonder how he lives up to his own standard when he says he will never lower his standards of anyone.) After he finished his 'ifs' and 'buts', I again demanded an apology but with no 'ifs' and 'buts'. Did you know what he asked me? He said 'for what'!!!!!!!! Is he dumb? I said for not showing respect to me. He said 'tell me when'. Hey guys, tell me again, is he dumb?????? I told him that he had agreed that just now he had shown disrespect to me, but now he had the cheek to ask me when did he not show respect to me???????

Fine, I told him I'll name a few examples. I said he had refused to let me speak unless I am asked to, he had refused to let me say what I feel unless I am asked to, and I was not allowed to leave the car unless I am asked to. He stopped me, and told me I was long-winded, he told me what respect do i deserve when I don't speak things to the point, and I wasn't even answering his questions. HOLY COW!!!!!!! Your question was when did you not show me respect. I told you I'll name a few examples and while naming them you can tell me that I am not answering your question?????????? Tell me whos' English is lousy?

I blasted back at him to listen well. He asked the question and I was answering. What was wrong with that? He realised that he had lost the plot himself because he forgot what question he asked. May god bless him! I asked him if a person who doesn't even remember what question he asked and blamed others for not getting to the point deserves to be respected. He laughed and apologised. Oh, so laughing and apologising for your own stupid mistake is acceptable while I had to be scolded like nobody's business if this happened to me. And of course I had to stop calling him names once he apologised. I had to watch my words depending on situations you know. So I stopped. (But of course, he still chose to say that I just didn't know when to stop talking.) I repeated my answers and demanded an apology with no 'ifs' and 'buts'. He apologised. Within one minute, he didn't say 'but', he said 'don't make me mad the next time ok'. Hey, do me a favour, put a 'but' in between the apology and the 'don't make me mad the next time'. How does it sound? Sounds fluent? Yes, of course. This jerk just didn't say 'but', but he continued to turn the table around at me immediately after apologizing. How sincere, yea!

He then continued to point the finger at me, telling me not to blame others for my own mistakes. I really don't know what he meant. He probably meant that it was my mistakes that caused him to be angry. Read again. It was my mistakes that CAUSED HIM TO BE ANGRY. He was blaming me for causing him to lose his temper, while he lectured me on not to blame others for my own mistakes! Some jerks just can't seem to wake up their ideas!

He told me not to rebut him and rebutting him is to say things that oppose to what he is saying, and to speak when I am not asked to. I told him that a few nights ago, he told me that rebutting is not to raise my voice. So he said it's both now. (What do you call unreasonable? This is it! His principles had never change ever since day 1. But his meaning of rebuttal changes quite often.) Is he contradicting himself? I wonder how does his brain look like. He says rebutting is not to speak when I am not asked to. And then when I asked him if he had showed disrespect to me when I was not allowed to speak unless I was asked to, he said yes. So he should show me respect and let me speak my mind even when I was not asked to, but on the other hand, I should not rebut, which is not to speak my mind unless i was asked to. And then he said he wants to change and show me respect. What gives!!!!!! Then he says I don't deserve his respect until I earn it. No wonder I don't respect him too, cos he didn't earn anything!

And of course, he always want the last word! Give it to him, he can have his last say. Which is . . . 'don't make me mad ok'! So summary is, he will try to respect me, which means he should let me say what I want when I wanted, but I shouldn't make him mad, which means I still cannot say what I want when i wanted!

No wonder our quarrels never end. HE BIZARRELY CONTRADICTS HIMSELF AND STILL THINKS THAT HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home