Tuesday, July 26, 2005

He is a tyrant....

Sigh, on and off...it's always happening. Our little squabbles just can't seem to end. Luckily, the scale has diminished and the duration is shorten. But, it still affects my mood...

Last night, we went out of our neighbourhood for dinner. I came across the Mac's ad about their extended opening hours. Cos we were only walking pass and at a rushing pace, I read aloud the time (which was the most obvious numbers on the ad) the outlet will close. The ad looks exactly like what my neighbourhood Mac's have, just that the timing is different. After reading it out aloud, I tried to compare it to my neighbourhood's outlet. And as we walked, I compared the timing and concluded that my neighbourhood's outlet is better....all this moment, I was thinking aloud. Cos of the pace that we were walking, I thought that reading out the timing to myself, registering it in my brain and thus I can do some comparison, while not slowing down the pace, is alright.

And...trouble strike! While talking to myself, I of course, will cut down a lot of information that I do not need at that time. And if he is not vigilant enough, he will not know what I was talking about. And true enough, he did not. And there and then, he started to lecture me that I did not know how to describe things properly. That I always tell only half of the story such that he can't understand me. Before I can explain things (anyway, he wouldn't let me explain, any explanation that I had is called an excuse and a rebuttal and a complete show of bad attitude), he had already blow into a rage.

I was so irritated. The purpose of reading out loud is to let me register it in my head for comparison purposes. The target audience is myself. After I do out my comparison and has an answer, I can just retell the story to him in a much more understandable manner. But he wouldn't hear any of it, he just insist that I did not know how to describe. Then after that blame me for thinking aloud, and that thinking aloud are things that only idiots will do, and those smarties who say whatever they think of can make the statement understandable and pricky at the same time, not like me, who say things whenever I want but nobody understands. Sir, I was talking to myself, I was not focusing at anybody to understand me. My brain works faster than my mouth, I leave out unnecessary information cos I totally understand what I am thinking about. If my target audience is you, I'll speak in a way that you'll understand. If my target audience is myself, I'll speak in a way that is comfortable for me.

For just this stupid reason, he can blow up and nag and nag non-stop. OK, it stopped after less than 10 mins, which is indeed a blessing. But why should I treasure lousy moments that aren't supposed to happen in the first place. Should I be glad that the duration of this fight is short? This is such a tragedy. It just shows that my baseline is we will always have fights originating from trivial subjects, and it's a bonus if it last for a short duration.

When can he see the light....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home