Thursday, July 07, 2005

He is spoilt!

I thought we'll have a good night, after last night's fight. Honest, I was hallucinating......

The night was good, until we sat down at the coffee shop opp our house. He ordered a dish. The order came wrong. The stall owner asked if it's OK (which means she was indicating if he need a change), he hesistated but said he would stick to the wrong order.

Then after the owner walked away, hell broke loose. He started flicking the pork (he ordered fish) onto the table. By flicking, it means the whole table became a mess. Pork slices flew all the way across to the opp side of the table, even some onto the floor. I tried to calm him down. He kept sulking. I grew irritated by his 'unclass' way of showing displeasure, so I kept quiet after that. Anyway, I didn't know what to say anymore. He would surely start picking on me, maybe my english, my story, my phrasing, watever. He kept quiet too...and I thought that was the end. I'll still tolerate the messy unsightly table with the pork slices all around.

After finishing his dinner, he pushed the chopsticks onto the table. I really snapped. I said 'Oi'! And because of this, the target became me instead. He then left the table angrily, leaving me behind and others beside staring awkwardly at me. As if we were quarrelling, and I had made him angry that's why he threw the chopsticks.

DUH !!!!!! He acted totally like a spoilt child. It thought he had strong principles. He said to me that if I said OK to something, and rejected a solution, then jolly well stick to it and stop complaining. So he agreed not to change the wrong order, although unwillingly. What grounds did he have to start messing up the table. Anyway, who's gonna clean the table? The stall owner? No, some other pitiful person. What does he gain from doing that? Nothing. What was lost? Everything. His face, his temper, my face, my temper, my peace, etc.....

Anyway, it's so really low class to show your displeasure like this. So what if the other party was wrong in the first place. You aren't any better off. In soccer, a player fouls another, but if the other player retaliated, he is given a yellow card as well, maybe even red. He knows this theory all too well. Maybe it's easy to talk big, but he just doesn't have it to live big! I choose to show displeasure in other ways. If it's me who got the wrong order, I'll probably line/stack the pork slices up. The stall owner will get the message that I do not like pork and I mean it. I don't think this will create such a mess like he did, and even stares of awkwardness, like he did.

So, just because he got a wrong order, he accepted, but was not ready to forgive, I became the punching bag. He scolded me all the way up. There goes a peaceful night (it had never been fated to be so...maybe)!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home