Saturday, November 05, 2005

Will I ever get my birthday present?

Seemed like my birthday present this year is indeed the hardest. He made a big fuss out of a small issue.

He bought a birthday cake for his mum. He called me and told me in a very soft and quick tone. He did not repeat. And because I did not catch what he was telling me, I misunderstood and thought he had wanted me to ask his sister if we wanted to buy a birthday cake for his mum. So we went to petrol kiosk to buy an ice cream cake, a small one, for his mum.

After everybody went upstairs, I waited for him to park the car. I then told him we bought a small ice cream cake for his mum cos we couldn't find anything suitable. He was shocked and said that he had told me to inform his sister that he had already bought a birthday cake.

I then realised I had misheard him on the phone. I apologized. He nagged. And nagged. And nagged. He kept blaming me, saying that I just couldn't do such a simple task of passing the message. I still apologized. He still nagged. I didn't rebut and just said sorry. He still continue nagging, he even said that he did not think that he was biased against me. And that it was really me that was at fault.

I couldn't take it anymore. I told him that I felt he was bias because it could have been avoided if he had spoken louder and had repeated over the phone. He was talking so softly and quickly over the phone that I was not able to understand him. Anyway, there were 2 possibilities why this could happened. He wasn't clear and caused me to fault. Or I had faulted without him being a cause. But he had insisted the fault was all mine. If this wasn't biasness against me, what is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home