Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My birthday present . . . is never to be . . .

I had asked for a 'husband who do not scold me' for a birthday present. He said why choose the most difficult present. How sad . . . Not scolding me, it is the most difficult thing to do in his world.

But my request did eat into his heart! He thought hard about it and promised to work on it. For the whole of my birthday, nothing went wrong. No raised voices, no arguements, no nit picking! Partly was because we slept half of my birthday away, which of course meant no conversation and thus no friction and no arguement. But he did shoot a few pricky sentences at me, which he apologized after I gave an irritated look.

But our peace didn't last long. Yesterday, he kicked up a fuss out of nothing again. He blamed me for the things that happened which was no fault of mine. And he would not stop nagging. When I grew irritated with his naggings, he tried to claim credit, talking with confidence that he promised not to raise his voice to scold me, and he was determined not to do it. But he continued with his orders for me to behave in a particular way, say things, react, behave in a particular way that he demanded. He wanted me to shut up, and said it without raising his voice. He ordered me to come in, ordered me to stand there, ordered me to answer him, all without raising his voice (and he was still claiming credit for not scolding me). When he gave me an 'opportunity' (I reckoned the word needed to be '' quoted), he interruptted me and insisted that when he speaks, I had to stop even if I was talking, if I continued talking, it would then amount to interrupting him. He did all these without raising his voice.

I suggest any one who can, please give him a dictionary. Being unreasonable, and forcing someone to do and act like he wants, nagging and nit picking, enforcing rules, keep pointing out errors (which are debatable) and refusing to let me speak, show me a ready-to-fight face, using threatening words, all these do not amount to scolding, just because he did not raise his voice. What crap!!!! And all these accusations are out of nothing other than how I phrased my answer to his question. He asked me why I didn't call my parents earlier. I answered 'cos I was reading the papers just now, and after that we were making our way to the house, and....' That's it! He fused up and nagged at why can't I just say 'I felt that calling was not the top priority just now.'

Just because I did not answer his question similar to what his standard answer was in his mind, we went into an arguement. Which then was the solid proof that my birthday present was never to be!!!!

Dream on....

1 Comments:

Blogger blue said...

Happy belated birthday!why dont you reason out with you? that a wife is not meant to be scolded at,abused or shouted at?
or maybe leave home for a week.maybe he has to get used to your absence and changed for a bit. i hope. (:
good luck!!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home